Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Years

Happy New Years everyone!  Hope all is well.  Over the last week or so, I’ve really taken the time to sit back and think about what is really important to me.  Here’s my conclusion.
Family.  I honestly have to say that I am who I am because of my family.  I also have to say that over the holidays, I found out that just because you’re blood related, doesn’t make certain people your family.  I know that sounds a little skewed, but it’s a realization that I’ve made, and I’m ok with it.  And on the flip side, just because they’re not blood related, doesn’t mean they’re NOT family.  Families are just really important and need to not be taken lightly.  I honestly can say that the happiest moment over the holidays was watching Sue’s 2 boys, (16 and 19) and my 8 year old play with my 8 year olds toys the day after Christmas.  It was hilarious.  And I couldn’t have been more thrilled. 
2nd, a home.  Not a house, but a home.  It doesn’t matter if it’s a trailer, and apartment, or a house.  HOME is where you make it.  It’s the smell of walking in the door and smelling dinner cooking, or hearing kids running around, or noticing that your dog has chewed up some paper.  And honestly, those are the same things that we take for granted every day.  We come home from a long day at work, and just want to come home to peace and quiet.  And I’d be lying to say that I’ve never come home and snapped at my son for just being a kid.  But when he’s gone, and when Sue’s boys are gone and our house is quiet…it’s nice for a day or two, but after that, it gets too quiet and I miss them.  So this year, I’m going to love our boys and be a little more patient with them. 
Third is loving myself.  You’ve heard the phrase “you can’t make someone else happy until you make yourself happy”.  I never fully understood this until this year.  When I am down and not happy about things in my life or myself, it is true that the universe will attract the same type of situations.  But when I’m working out, and eating well, and treating my body the way I should, I just feel better.  My health seems better, my relationships seem better, and the things that life throws at me I can handle.  It’s important to me to be healthy in mind, body and spirit.  So this year, I’m going to get back to working out daily.  I test drove my new workout video last week, Turbo Fire, and I’m hitting it hard tonight and every night forward.  I’m not talking about walking out like a maniac and then starving myself.  I mean actually lose weight the healthy way.  I’ve lost 30 lbs so far.  If I can do it, anyone can. 
I’m wishing you all a very Happy New Year.  Until next time, keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment