Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What I'm here to do...

Ok.  I’m new to this blog thing, but I felt it important to document my journey.  First, a little about me.  I’m 29 years old and a single mom to an amazing 8 year old son.  I live with Sue, and she has 2 awesome sons, 16 and 19.  They are all so funny.  They keep us laughing all the time.   Anyway, I’ve had some health issues and recently been diagnosed with MS.  But I’ve now decided that I’m going to take control of my life, and become as healthy as I possibly can be with what I’ve been given.  It was killing me to hear my son come in if I was lying down, already assuming that I wasn’t feeling well.  That’s not the life I want him to see.  So, from that point forward, I decided to change. 
I started this journey in September 2010.  Since then, I have lost a total of 30lbs.  I started exercising using Turbo Jam.  If you haven’t already heard about this video it’s amazing.  I love it!  Its 5 videos that you alternate.  It’s fun, high energy, and obviously gets results.  I also decided to start a food journal.  My good friend, Esther, told me about myfitnesspal.com.  It’s a great site.  It’s free and easy to use.  They have a lot of great support on there as well.  And I noticed right off the bat…HOLY COW!!!  What am I eating?  It was such a shocker.  Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, all smothered with gravy, and top that off with 3 rolls.  Really?  It doesn’t make sense that I had gained weight.  Lol.  So, I started watching what I was eating, plus working out, and drinking water instead of soda pop. 
I’ve kinda fallen off the band wagon a little due to the holiday hustle and bustle.  But I’m getting this started again next week.  I’m not waiting until the New Year.  I’m going to get a head start to the New Year.  I’m excited to share my journey with you!  I’m ready to keep this change going.  Are you with me??

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on starting your journey, then documenting your progress!
    It was your challenge that got Jen and I going again!
    Thank you Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! You're an inspiration to me! I have my baby weight I need to lose and I'm so inspired by your journey. I can do it, right? Keep up the great work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Lori! I am so proud of you! I wish you success in reaching your goals! You can do it! I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete